Saturday, September 19, 2015

Grandsons Noah & Cole Ready to Track the Grannies

The family gathered for MJ's birthday at Scotty snd Elyse's home and a fun send off celebration for me, the "local grannie " (Grandmama) last night. My co-grannie and fellow pilgrim (Oma) was unable to attend as she is busy with REI preparations in Michigan. The local Grandkids ages 2-9 years old were all given maps to track their grannies on Camino. I was touched by their questions, love and enthusiasm and their singing of "She's a jolly good fellow" and the grown kids animated singing of " I'm gonna be 500 miles " by The Proclaimers...... Here I noted the  generation difference.... I was thinking of Peter, Paul and Mary slowly singing in harmony .. Lord I'm still 500 Miles Away from Home.....
However , the Proclaimers have a "strong & emphatic marching beat" to their 500 mile tune that would probably take me further along the Camino when I really need the boost!!.... and last night's family performance of the Scottish tune will remain in my head for much longer than it will take me to walk 500 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment